SOCIAL

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram Feed Email

What I Love: January 2014

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I wanted to share some of my favorite new beauty finds with you guys today!

Now, I can't take credit for all these finds. I blogged-stalked some of my favorites for these recommendations, and I adore them all.

One of my IG BFFs, Britt Havens, (did I really just say that? IG BFFs? How creepy am I?) posted about this on her makeup blog, which I randomly happened to find through her baby blog (like, I said, I'm a creep). She talked about how this smells deliciously like Chanel’s Coco Mademoiselle, and I have to agree. It's amazing. And, it works really well for my winter-chapped skin, and it's small enough to fit into my makeup bag, which I love.

This little treat I found via the beautiful Mrs. Measom. She posted an Instagram photo about her find, and raved about how it was literally the best thing she's ever tried (or something like that). I need something light, something smoothing... something that makes me look like I'm eighteen years old and freshly returned from a tropical vacation. Flawless, airbrushed. In little to no time.

So, basically, I need a miracle. I'm new to the whole BB/CC cream thing (in fact, I have no idea what it is. I need to read-up), but if this little bargain from Target works this well, maybe I need to splurge on something a bit more professional. Thoughts? Please leave them in the comments!

Anyway, for what it's worth, I lurrrrrve this Garnier BB Cream. It's lovely and will probably be a staple until I find something even more miraculous.

I've seen this stuff a bazillion times, but somehow I've never tried it -- until now. I had a Sephora gift card for Christmas, and I stocked up on some little treats. This was one of them. I had recently read about this from my favorite food blogger, Jessica (seriously, she's amaze. I would read her blog even if the recipe isn't something I'd ever eat or make, because she's a riot). She blogged in November about some of her favorite beauty finds, and her schpeal about the Sugar lip balm convinced me to try it.


This is my own find - HA! See. I can be a beauty blogger.

I bought a rollerball of this fragrance at Sephora. I originally found it on Black Friday, and fell in love with the sweet cherry smell. And you guys, I am NOT a fan of cherry anything. Like NOT, as in NOT. Bolded, underlined. However, I smelled this without looking at the packaging, and when I loved it, I looked at the name: "Cherry In The Air". WHAT?

This is a limited-time-only fragrance, so you may not be able to try it. Neener neener neener. Just come smell me.
My hair gal used this on my ends after my recent bout of blond ombre... the only bad thing about this style is a natural brunette can seriously FRY her ends (ahem, me). So, I use this daily: on my wet ends, and then again once my hair is styled. Just for good measure. Not gonna lie, I bought this because it smells insane: like fresh pears and something else. When I forked over the $30 bucks, I also noticed it said organic.. so, like, justified.
Let me know if you have tried any of these products, or if you have some die-hard favorites that you swear by! My favorite blogs to read are "love lists", especially in regards to beauty products. I'm the girl that spends an hour of free time in the makeup aisle at my favorite drugstore. It's bad.


5 comments:

  1. Total fan of BB cream over here!! I like Loreal since I have oily skin but my sis swears by Bobbi Brown. And Loma, oh I am in love with their products!! Love all of their shampoos and conditioners I have tried. I am getting my hair done tomorrow and now want to get this! My ends are fried :(
    XO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh girl, my ends are a disaster! I need to try their shampoo/conditioner!

      Delete
  2. I have been using Diors BB cream for a few months now.. very light and smooth but makes my skin feel and look more soft AND it smalls amaaazing! However, I recently started using the Clarisonic Mia 2 at night and I feel like all of my face products (wash/serum/lotion/make-up) are about 100 times more effective. Crazy, but I'm totally in love.

    Question about the sugar lip balm: have you found it to be as hydrating as it claims to be?? I am OVER all the dehydrating lip colors but I don't love spending 30+ every time I want a new color, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been wondering about the Clarisonic for awhile now, you've convinced me! I need it!

      I really love the Sugar balm. I need to make sure I have it out to apply it more; I have it in my makeup bag, so when I'm at home or driving or something, it's not readily available. I bet it would be even more useful if I used it regularly. Haha!

      Delete
  3. This post is worthy of appreciation, looking forward to more exciting! Wholesale Clarisonic

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be visible upon confirmation that you're a real human being. :)

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger