SOCIAL

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram Feed Email

21DF | A Sample Weekly Menu

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Please be advised - these daily options are not my exact allotment of containers. I realize that may not be the most helpful for you, but I wanted to post this sooner rather than waiting for the entire next week to pass so I can write things down exactly as I eat them. So, take this with a grain of perfectly measured/allotted sea salt ;)

SOME REMINDERS: NO DRESSINGS, NO TABLE SALT, NO SUGAR, NO CRAP WHITE BREAD OR PASTA.

If you are a real human, and accept a dinner invitation with friends - I will be posting more about that next week - including some ideas on what to order so you don't blow all the hard work that you've done.

Items I prepare on Sundays: I hardboil a dozen eggs, cook up about 2lbs of ground turkey, and prepare an entire bag of quinoa.

Monday
Breakfast: 1 piece of Dave's Bread toast, 1/4 avocado, Tapatio, sea salt + pepper
1 Yellow (toast)
1 Blue (1/4 avocado)

Snack: 2 hardboiled eggs - cut in half and season with fresh pepper + sea salt and HOT SAUCE
1 Red (2 eggs)

Lunch: Bistro Bowl -- Salad green of choice, ground turkey, brown rice or quinoa, second green/veggie of choice (sauteed onion or mushroom, chopped yellow pepper, cherry tomatoes). Season with s+p, balsamic vinegar and HOT SAUCE. Or, just hot sauce if I'm sick of vinegar for the day.
2 Green (one container of salad, and another container of additional veggie(s) for salad)
1 Red (turkey)
1 Yellow (brown rice or quinoa)

Snack: This is the snack I forget most often. I need to be better at grabbing some greek yogurt/granola (1 Red, 1 Yellow) or some hummus/celery or peppers (1 Blue, 1 Green) or half a banana (1 Purple). Those are some delicious, easy snacks to add to your day! What I choose depends on what containers I'm lacking for the day after lunch!

Dinner: SSS (Steak + Sweet potatoes + Salad) - my hubby BBQs some lean steak, and I chop up a sweet potato and cook with a little EVOO, s+p + garlic until browned and a little crispy. You can add some onion too, if you want. Then I make us a side salad: I love arugula, mushrooms & some s+p+balsamic! For fun, grab some whole grain mustard to dip your sweet potato hash in, or throw some chopped nuts or seeds (1 orange) or some parmesan cheese (1 blue) Yum!
1 Red (Steak)
1 Yellow (Sweet Potato)
2 Green (Arugula, mushrooms, onion)

Post Workout//Late Night Snack: Shakeology
1 scoop + 10oz water, 3tsp peanut butter, frozen strawberries
1 Red (Shakeology)
1 Purple (Berries)
3tsp (PB)

---

Tuesday
Breakfast: 1 piece of Dave's Bread toast, drizzle of raw honey (since we're allowed to add this to our coffee sometimes, I decide to add it to my toast instead)
1 Yellow (toast)

Snack: 1 banana, 2 hardboiled eggs
1 Purple
1 Red

Lunch: Brown Rice Pasta, cooked/seasoned mushrooms & asparagus in 1 tsp EVOO, and parmesan cheese.
1 Green (mushrooms/asparagus)
1 Yellow (brown rice pasta)
1 Tsp (EVOO)
1 Blue (cheese)

Snack: Greek yogurt + fresh raspberries
1 Red (Greek Yogurt)
1 Purple (Fruit)

Dinner: Chicken Quinoa Chili
2 Red (Chicken, Black Beans)
1 Yellow (Quoinoa)
1 Green (Fresh, organic diced tomatoes)
Lots of fresh seasoning - salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, cayenne, chili powder, etc
This cooks in the crockpot all day - I don't measure this, but I always eat 1 bowl and just assume these are how many containers it represents. I add a dollop of plain Greek yogurt on top, too. Refrigerates great for leftovers tomorrow!

Post Workout//Late Night Snack: Shakeology
1 scoop + 10oz water, 3tsp peanut butter, frozen strawberries
1 Red (Shakeology)
1 Purple (Berries)
3tsp (PB)

---

Wednesday
Breakfast: Coffee (Oops... no food. I really need to remember breakfast)

Snack: 2 hardboiled eggs, a handful of raw kale, hot sauce, salt/pepper, brown rice.
Roughly mash with a fork until it's all mixed up together!
1 Red
1 Green
1 Yellow

Lunch: Leftover Chicken Quinoa Chili
2 Red (Chicken, Black Beans)
1 Yellow (Quoinoa)
1 Green (Fresh, organic diced tomatoes)

Snack: Avocado Toast
1 Yellow
1 Blue

Dinner: BBQ Salmon w/lemon and thyme, brown rice, and Brussel Sprouts & Kale
1 Red
1 Yellow
2 Green

Post Workout//Late Night Snack: Shakeology
1 scoop + 10oz water, 3tsp peanut butter, frozen strawberries
1 Red (Shakeology)
1 Purple (Berries)
3tsp (PB)

---

Thursday
Breakfast: Steel-cut oatmeal mixed with 1 packet stevia + pure vanilla extract, 1 banana
1 Yellow
2 Purple

Snack: Shakeology

Lunch: Brussel Sprouts & Kale, sautéed with fresh garlic and oregano over quinoa & 2 poached eggs and lots of hot sauce.
This is my favorite lunch!
2 Green
1 Yellow
1 Red

Snack: Strawberries, afternoon coffee (black w/a splash of almond milk, a couple drops of chocolate stevia)
1 Purple

Dinner: Spaghetti with Spinach Salad
I use quinoa noodles, organic marinara (or you can easily make your own - tomato, garlic, oregano, some evoo in the blender!), ground turkey. Serve your spinach salad with a another veggie of choice - I love mushrooms - and dress with balsamic vinegar or lemon and EVOO.
1 Yellow
1 Red
2 Green

Snack: 6 chocolate covered almonds,
1 Blue

Post Workout//Late Night Snack: Shakeology
1 scoop + 10oz water, 3tsp peanut butter, frozen strawberries
1 Red (Shakeology)
1 Purple (Berries)
3tsp (PB)

---

Friday
Breakfast: Coffee, Banana
1 Purple

Snack: 3 slices of turkey, 1 hardboiled egg, toast, blackberries/raspberries
Clearly, I am not always a chef. I just grab healthy snacks about 10 minutes apart and that is my "mid morning snack attack".
1 Red
1 Yellow
1 Purple

Lunch: Avocado "Creme" Pasta
1 small avocado, blended with 3 cloves of garlic, a handful of fresh basil, 2tb EVOO, and the juice of 1 small lemon. Serve over your favorite brown rice, quinoa or whole grain pasta. I usually throw a veggie in there too, like chopped raw kale or steamed broccoli on the side.
1 Yellow
1 Blue
1 Tsp
1 Green

Snack: Oops. I usually forget! Fridays are hard because I'm so focused on TGIF!

Dinner: OUT TO DINNER - or -

Breakfast bowls! 2 poached eggs, spinach, sweet potato hash, cilantro/lime quinoa, caramelized onion. Mix it all together and top with... hot sauce! ;)
2 Yellow
2 Red
1/2 Green

Post Workout//Late Night Snack: Shakeology
1 scoop + 10oz water, 3tsp peanut butter, frozen strawberries
1 Red (Shakeology)
1 Purple (Berries)
3tsp (PB)

And since you have your meals down, I've discovered that buying new workout gear keeps me motivated for my at home gym life. All of these finds are under $100... what are some of your favorites?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be visible upon confirmation that you're a real human being. :)

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger