SOCIAL

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram Feed Email

Twenty Questions: Best Friend Edition

Monday, October 5, 2015

Jess created this little feature for her blog, and I'm so excited to be jumping into this with her: Twenty Questions! We sent each other our list of questions at the same time, and we cracked up over how similar they were, and how much we had to avoid talking about just food.

So, here were my twenty questions + Jessica's answers. Enjoy!


1. If you had to travel for a month with one of the Kardashian/Jenner clan, who would if be? And now, let's open that up to ANY reality "star". Who would you tag along with, and why. Aaaaaaand that is the thing that would do me in. End of story. I wouldn't even make it 2 days. I can't even look at their Instagram Stream for more than 6 photos before getting irritated. But if I could pick ANY reality star, it would be Lauren Conrad and we'd go on a cruise. Because then she's literally trapped on a boat with me. We'd gab about fashion and I would have a semi-serious conversation with her on why she thought a sequel to LA Candy was a good idea.

2. If you owned a restaurant, and you had to create a signature dish, what would it be? Angel hair pasta in a tomato cream sauce with breaded chicken fried in an offensive amount of butter, with a side of bread and balsamic vinegar, a salad with citrus honey vinaigrette and Godiva chocolate cake for dessert. #WhyCantILose15Pounds

3. What's the secret to a healthy marriage? At the risk of sounding like a whore, lots of sex.

4. What's the secret to healthy FRIENDSHIPS? At the risk of sounding like a Stage 5 Clinger, making time for them.

5. What movie do you wish everyone would see - old/new/big budget/indie. Harry Potter. Spanglish. Love Actually. Lord of the Rings. About Time. Pride and Prejudice. The Lego Movie. The Hunger Games. I know. I can't pick one.

6. Best cookie? I don't looooove cookies, but I will ALWAYS make the Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies at Christmas time. The French know what they're doing.

7. Favorite traditions? Loving our newest tradition of Tech Timeout. Although I don't know how much our friends are loving it, since no one can get a hold of us in the evenings...but I've noticed way more communication between the 5 of us since we started.

8. If you were on the verge of tears, but didn't want to cry, how would you gather yourself and regain control? Wait. Do you ever cry? I very rarely cry. I don't know why. Most of the time, I don't take things personally and I'm not super emotional. However, the smallest things will sometimes set me off. Like, I'll see an AT&T Commercial and be a mess. But when I was carjacked at gun point? I was all, that guy's probably going through a tough time in his life.

9. What is a bad habit of yours that you don't readily admit? Showering. I take a shower about twice a week. I know. I'm disgusting. But it's such a process to get ready and you know what's so much easier? Sleeping in.

10. What is your favorite thing about your home? That it's mine. We rented for 13 years and the fact that we own a home now is something I'm grateful for every time I pull into our driveway.

11. What is your most commonly used emoji? In fact, why don't you go ahead and take a screenshot of your "recently used" emojis and insert it here. The wide-eyed emoji. Hands down. I don't even have to look at my most commonly used emojis, I use that guy 23 times a day.

12. Who are some women you admire? Can I get back to you on this one?

13. Choose your ONE favorite beauty product... What is it, and why? Lipstick. I'm obsessed with lipstick right now. I love bright, obnoxious colors and muted, pale neutrals too. I'm realizing that when I'm not wearing lipstick in photos, something looks off. I don't recall who said it, but I've heard that a face without lipstick is like a cake without frosting. And who likes a cake without frosting?

14. What is the hardest thing about being a mom? Balancing taking care of the kids' needs and giving them attention. For example, tonight while I was making dinner, Aidon wanted to show me this collection of drawings he's been working on. And I really did want to look at them. But I also didn't want to burn the chicken fried steak that was frying on the stove. So when I told him he'd have to wait and his face dropped with disappointment, I thought: what's little burnt steak for dinner? Turns out? A little burnt steak is gross, that's what it is.

15. If you could be famous for anything, what would you WANT it to be? Winning the lottery and giving hundred dollar bills to random strangers, in the most awkward way possible. Under the stall door in the public restroom. Tape it to my kid's back at the park and see who notices it first and then yell STRANGER DANGER when someone tries to touch my kid. Yes. Definitely thought about this too much.

16. Describe a perfect Monday evening. Dinner with the family at a restaurant where I don't have to do the dishes. Doesn't even matter where it's at...as long as the utensils are disposable, I'm good. I'll even settle for takeout, as long as no one dirty's a plate.

17. If you're at a Happy Hour, what's the first thing you order off the food menu?
Bread. All the breads.

18. What are some of your must-read blogs? (This isn't a trick question, you don't need to say mine. But if you don't...) Do I have any must read blogs? I always read Corianne's, mainly to see if it's about me. :) And I love Pink Pistachio, her photos are gorgeous.

19. How do you sleep? Tons of covers and pillows? On your stomach? One leg out and one leg in? NEVER WITH SOCKS? Never with pants or socks on. But I absolutely cannot sleep with a thong on. Has to be full, bottom-covering underwear. And a tank top. I love to sleep with the windows wide open and an electric blanket on high. There's nothing like breathing cold air. Sometimes I'll even put my pillow up against the window so it's nice and cool at bedtime. I think I start out on my stomach, but I usually wake up on my back with both arms above my head. IDK.

20. Why do you blog? Hmmm...it started back in 2012 when the kids would go to bed and I'd have a chance to collect my thoughts during the day. But now that they're older and I'm not having to leave myself a To Do List of "Go to the bathroom" I think I just use it as a place to keep my thoughts. An online diary of sorts. Things that inspire me, things that I'd like to remember about the boys, feelings that I'm going through at that time, bucket lists, wish lists, to do lists, etc. I love going back and reading something I wrote about the boys 2 years prior, because chances are, they aren't doing those things any longer and I'd forgotten about it. It's my version of their baby books. :)

1 comment:

  1. "I absolutely cannot sleep with a thong on." Bwahaha. I love the honesty! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be visible upon confirmation that you're a real human being. :)

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger