SOCIAL

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram Feed Email

Tacoma Gems: Elemental Pizza

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

I love when a new food joint open up in town (why do I sound like a grandma saying that? Um). Some friends posted photos of this new pizza place downtown Tacoma, Elemental Pizza, so when Paul got home from work midweek last week, I dropped several very obvious hints until Paul finally said: "so, do you wanna go get pizza at the place you've brought up about fifteen times in the last hour?" I acted surprised, like "oh, I did? You noticed that?"

So, yeah, we packed up the kids and headed downtown.


First of all, any establishment that brings fresh dough for the kids to play with while we wait for our food is an immediate winner in my book. That, and the fact that they cook it up for him, too, in whatever shape he wanted? Yes. Bonus points, Elemental. Bonus points.

I had a truffle pizza (I'm a sucker for all things truffle) on a gluten-free crust, and a side of fire-roasted cauliflower. Paul (and Porter) had a prosciutto and arugula pizza with a balsamic reduction. All the food was amazing. The service was fast and friendly, and the decor was just perfect - lots of whimsical lighting and polished concrete and reclaimed wood. My kinda spot.

We'll be back soon. Mainly because there's a rosemary potato pizza on the menu that taunted me as I made my decision, closed the menu, and shoved it in the waitress's arms before I changed my mind.

I just can't say no to truffle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be visible upon confirmation that you're a real human being. :)

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger