SOCIAL

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram Feed Email

Think Happy, Be Happy: A Weekly Link-Up!

Monday, March 14, 2016

"Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like and celebrating it for everything that it is." -Mandy Hale

Hello friends! This link party was created as a way to create some inspiration and happiness as we begin our week. It can be hard to find the happiness in our day to day, and I believe it truly does help to take a second to find the positive. Please take a second to visit all of my wonderful co-hosts who will be sharing this link party as well!
The happiness I am reflecting on this morning is power in persistence. My family and I started remodeling a home over 2 years ago. We thought it would be a quick process, but, to spare all the crazy details - it wasn't. Obviously. It's now two years later, and we're finally moving this week. 

Here is a recent photo from our kitchen, below, and you can follow more progress and update photos as we move in, through our hashtag on Instagram.


I wish I could say I was happy and faith-filled through the process, but I wasn't. I wanted to walk away, I wanted to quit. I wanted to just go buy something that was ready for us to move in - because the walls we kept coming up against were ridiculous. But, luckily, my husband kept us on track and we powered through. We survived the time apart as I stayed home with the boys and my hubby sanded floors, even though there was nothing more frustrating at the time. And now, my husband can say his hand was truly in every single aspect of this renovation: he helped get lighting up, he cleaned up after contractors and scheduled the next one, he sanded the floors and put up subway tile and painted and measured. He did everything he could to get us in - even if it was just one day sooner.

And here we are! It's moving week. And THAT makes me so happy!

  Think Happy Be Happy Link Party  

Rules of the Party:

  • Leave a link to your actual post and not your homepage. A link back to your host, is greatly appreciated. Feel free to grab our link party button to add to your post.
  • Please link up only your happiness related posts.
  • Don’t link up and run, please visit other bloggers. Make new friends or say hello to old friends.
  • Please follow your hosts and guest hosts in some way.
  • Have fun with your posts! I truly hope it helps with starting your week off on a positive note!

4 comments:

  1. It is GORGEOUS. I love all of the white. All of your hard work certainly paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your kitchen! Really looks great- I'm always scouring Pinterest for white kitchen inspo! If only I could get Richard to agree on the same design look lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a journey! yay for moving week! good luck with everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Persistence is the single most important quality that unites all successful people.Love how you describes your husbands efforts.Working hard so that you can move in sooner ,even if for 1 day makes the entire struggle so real.
    In life most often we face situations very much out of our control. But trying to do even a little to change it,better it or just plain make it happen ,gives us some control in the process. Best of luck with the home renovation.
    I am checking out the insta feed now😊

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be visible upon confirmation that you're a real human being. :)

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger