SOCIAL

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram Feed Email

Salted Caramel Fail: How Is This Even Possible?

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Time for a confession.

I would eat YOU if you were covered in salted caramel.

It's scary and sad, but it's true. I will never turn down salted caramel anything. Cupcakes, frozen yogurt, candles. So, when I saw that International Delight was coming out with a Salted Caramel coffee creamer, I debated setting up camp outside of the grocery store until I was able to get my hands on it. Joy. Unspeakable joy.

So, the other day, I saw it. Glimmering under fluorescent store lights like a small piece of heaven, brought down to earth. Via Safeway.


This bad boy was in my hands, then in my cart, then in my coffee within an hour. I made a cup of coffee immediately when I got home. I took a sip. As I awaited the angels singing, I was overwhelmed by the taste of... plastic. Salty plastic.

The creamer -- my beloved creamer, the highlight of my holiday season thus far -- was disgusting.

How could it be? Heart. BROKEN.

I don't really have anything else to say, except for that I am sad. I am sad, but I am oh so thankful for the steadfastness of my Peppermint Mocha creamer that was on call in my fridge, waiting to save the day.

I even encouraged my sister to try the Salted Caramel creamer, thinking maybe I put too much in my coffee (I tend to do that). She only added a dash to the her cup, but she came to the same conclusion as me: it's officially gross.

Has anyone else tried this guy yet? Do you agree, or am I crazy?

Tears.


3 comments:

  1. That's the definition of disappointment. DEFINITION.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. Loving this post. I am coffee creamer addict myself! I too was so patiently awaiting the Pumpkin Spice one and hated it. Harsh I know! I did buy the Peppermint Mocha one and I LOVE it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like the Pumpkin Spice one either, Linzi! Haha. But, Peppermint Mocha for the win (drinking it now!)

      Delete

Comments will be visible upon confirmation that you're a real human being. :)

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger