SOCIAL

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram Feed Email

The Chocolate Cake Confession

Monday, November 18, 2013

Confession: it's been a bad day with Porter. He's discovered that he can scream at the top of his lungs; like, the kind of scream that will make you lose your voice. So, today, he's been sobbing and screaming and snotty and basically I am convinced he hates me. It sounds like he's being tortured or something. And for no reason... picking him up doesn't help. Blowing raspberries on his little feet doesn't help. Offering him a snack doesn't help. Nothing. Helps.


So, I finally got him to sleep this afternoon, and ate a piece of chocolate cake for lunch. Yep. Chocolate cake for lunch. With thick, fudgey frosting and a layer of frosting in the middle of the cake.

There was nothing organic OR whole about it. Nothing. Except for that the whole piece went into my mouth.

I'm not sorry. Not even a little bit.

Thanks for reading. How is your Monday going?

3 comments:

  1. Bless. Your. Poor. Heart.
    I am so sorry that your Monday has been a nonstop shit show from the word GO. We also had a pretty shitty day as I woke up with a massive migraine and feeling like I had breathed in an entire ocean of water. FML!

    Cake always helps. Especially THICK FUDGEY IM GOING TO DIE AND GO TO HEAVEN cake! Again, I have ALSO engorged myself with chocolate and sweets ALL day thanks to good ol' Mother Nature and her thoughtful monthly "gifts."

    Hope tomorrow is better! XO

    Mandy
    hellojaxon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there! The crabby baby, the cake for lunch, all of it. Anyone who would judge you has never dealt with a mad baby all day! Hope Porter turns his frown around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man I'm so sorry! We had one of those days last week, and I ate 7 cookies in a row. No shame! But I think cake would have been better

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be visible upon confirmation that you're a real human being. :)

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger