SOCIAL

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram Feed Email

21DF | Brussels & Kale

Saturday, April 26, 2014

I was grossed out by brussel sprouts when I was a kid, until the one time my dad sautéed them in maple syrup, and then I was all "VEGGIES ARE AMAZING!"

Nice try, dad. Good game.

I bought some brussels at Costco after a couple of my favorite health food bloggers raved about them; I knew I couldn't douse them in maple syrup on the Fix, so I prayed that a little olive oil would magically do trick.

It's not quite syrup, but it was freaking delicious. I'm a fan. Newly converted, but a fan nonetheless. Try it for your next lunch. It was so filling, and but didn't leave me feeling heavy at all.


Kale
Brussel Sprouts
Fresh garlic, chopped
Olive oil, sea salt, cracked black pepper + oregano
Topped with a few sesame seeds, for fun ;)

Sautée chopped garlic in a dash of olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano over medium heat until tender and slightly browned. Add brussel sprouts and keep cooking. Once you start to see crispy brown edges on the brussel sprouts, add lots of kale and a a few tablespoons of water (just to create some steam). Add some more oregano, pepper and sea salt to taste (I love my seasoning) ;) Cover, and let cook until kale is soft. Top with some sesame seeds and serve hot!

21 Day Fix Totals: 2 Green

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be visible upon confirmation that you're a real human being. :)

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger