SOCIAL

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram Feed Email

Maple Dijon Pork Chops In The Crockpot

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

This was seriously the easiest dinner!

• Boneless pork chops (how many ever you want- I used my whole pack of small, boneless pork chops and then doubled the recipe I was following)
• 1 large yellow onion
• 3-4 tbl of pure maple syrup
• 4 tbl of dijon mustard
• 1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
• Salt & Pepper

To thicken your sauce:
• 2-3 tbl of real butter
• 1/2 cup flour

I seared a bunch of boneless pork chops in a hot pan. They were pretty small, so I think I did like 12 of them, haha- the whole pack I got at the store. The original recipe I was following called for two large bone-in chops, so I adjusted the recipe a bit to accommodate my massive pot of chops.

Season each chop with sea salt and cracked pepper. I seared them about 2 minutes per side. As they're done, add them to an empty crockpot.

Then, in the same skillet, chop 1 yellow onion and saute until it starts to soften. Add salt, pepper, about 1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar, pure maple syrup (not the sugary breakfast Mrs. Butterworth kind) and dijon mustard. Stir it up, and cook for about 2 minutes. Taste the sauce and see if it needs more of anything: a little more maple syrup to make it sweeter, a little more dijon for bite, etc. Once the sauce is mixed and heated up a bit, pour the sauce over the pork chops in the crock pot.

I cooked the sauce/chops on high for like 2-3 hours, or until they fall apart when you take a fork to them. SO TENDER!

I removed the chops when they were done, and then melted my butter and added that to the flour in a little bowl, and mixed it all up until it was smooth. I added that to my sauce to thicken it up a bit. (To thicken, add the flour/butter mixture to your sauce in the crock pot once you've removed the pork chops, cover the crockpot and turn up the heat to high until the liquid comes to a slight boil, then it's done!)

Serve over mashed potatoes (fresh!), brown rice, or brown rice pasta. It felt like a cheat meal, but it really wasn't!

Adapted from Eat Live Run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be visible upon confirmation that you're a real human being. :)

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger