SOCIAL

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram Feed Email

Shades of White

Saturday, September 27, 2014

I'm not the best decision maker. In fact, I'll go out on a limb here and say that I might be the worst.

The worst, as in, one of my husband's least favorite things to do in the whole world is ask me what I want to do for dinner. It sparks a full-on mind-numbing mental meltdown on most days (for both of us).  
"I mean... do I want sushi? Spicy tuna kinda sounds good. Do YOU want sushi? I mean, I guess I should have salad. But you know what sounds REALLY good, though? Mac and cheese... wait. We had mac and cheese yesterday for lunch and I feel like I wouldn't be happy if I had it again. Steak? Eh, no, I don't want to spend $60 on dinner. Maybe we should just have cereal..."
I don't mean to. Truly, I don't. But, I'm reading a book right now called "The Best Yes" and I've come to realize that my difficulty doesn't come from not knowing what I want. It's from my fear of being wrong.

Paint is (somewhat) permanent. Once we paint our new house (!!!), we can't go back. Well, some people could. We can't... we're getting an amazing deal from a family contact that enjoys working with us on our home (he's the nicest guy!), but I'm sure he won't be thrilled if we call him back in two weeks and tell him that "Swiss Coffee" is actually too yellow, and I think that "Cascade White" might look better.

I would kill me, too.

So, Paul brought home these swatches yesterday, and laid them out for me. I started sweating. As if it wasn't scary enough, he told me he's already decided on his "top two", and he wanted to see if we were on the same page.

Um, ok. So now not only does my house color depend on my decision, but now my decision is going to decide whether or not my husband and I were on the same wavelength in our wants and desires?

Too much.

But. I just bit the bullet, and pulled out the two that I felt I liked without any further analysis. One of them was his favorite. *FIST PUMP* One decision down...

Now I just need to figure out dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be visible upon confirmation that you're a real human being. :)

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger