SOCIAL

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram Feed Email

Quick + Easy Lunch: Sweet & Savory Turkey Sandwich

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

I just made this quick and healthy lunch on a whim last week, and it was so delicious I had to write it down. You just need a few things in your fridge, all of which have become staples for our family.



1. Daves Killer Bread - White Done Right
This bread is THE BEST. It's soft and fluffy, and made with 5 grains and no bleached flour or high-fructose corn syrup. It's our new favorite for lunchtime sandwiches, especially kid-friendly ones.

2. Oven-roasted turkey or chicken breast
I keep a half-pound or so in the fridge at all times - I usually spring for the pricier stuff if I can... you know, the stuff with the ingredients I can pronounce and not a bunch of added salt or sugar or preservatives. In a pinch, I like Applegate brand a lot, and they have some at my local Target. I throw some on a grilled cheese sandwich or quesedilla so Porter is getting some protein without really knowing it. The kid is PICKY lately.

3. Strawberry Chia "Jam" from World of Chia
I love that this only uses four ingredients, all of which I can pronounce and list here without first looking it up, haha: strawberries, lemon juice, chia seeds, and agave syrup. Granted, agave is still sugar... but I'm just happy that it doesn't have cane sugar or corn syrup or anything that I find in every other jam out there.

4. Swiss cheese, or a cheese of your choice. White cheddar or Provolone or even cream cheese would be great, too.

5. A mustard or mayo spread of some sort - Dijon mustard, homemade mayo, garlic aioli... I have this maple-bacon aioli that we get from the butcher that is just DELICIOUS. And I only use a small smear... and oh goodness. It's amazing.

TA DA! Simple sandwich with just the right balance of sweet & savory. Porter and I split a sandwich normally, and it's the perfect light lunch.

Let me know if you like it - or, what is your go-to sandwich of choice? Also, why are sandwiches SO MUCH BETTER when other people make them for you (have you noticed that)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be visible upon confirmation that you're a real human being. :)

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger