SOCIAL

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram Feed Email

Fall Things: Friday at Fox Follow Farm

Tuesday, October 15, 2013


We spent a fun Friday afternoon at Fox Hollow Farm, a beautiful (albeit, kinda spooky) farm nestled into the hillside of Issaquah. It was magical: fog swirling above the treetops, reds and orange and gold leaves all around, piles of pumpkins and white-fenced arenas, wild bunnies hopping around randomly, a box of brand new kittens for your petting pleasure, a barn full of friendly horses, pony, tractor and train rides for the kiddos, parrots (!?) in the trees above out head greeting us, a beautiful river behind a charming little farmhouse, and plenty of mud puddles so that my Hunter boots could earn their keep.

It smelled like sawdust, campfire, leather, and evergreens.

It was magical.



Oh, and I'm told the "Sweet Shoppe" was selling the makings for S'Mores, so you could carry them over to the bonfire and cook your own. Somehow I didn't end up here, and I'm considering driving back up for that part alone.


Life is so much better when you spend it with great friends. This is Maggie, Katie, Jodi, and Jen... four amazing mamas that I get to be around all the time. It's so fun raising our kiddos together. Not only will Porter will have these wonderful memories growing up, but I will be able to look back on days like this and remember how amazing it is to be surrounded by genuinely good people. Especially as I'm learning and growing in my new role as a mother to a (gulp) almost one year old!




I love photography. This photo above is amazing, but if you panned back, you would see Porter perched perilously on a very questionable tree branch, with Paul's arm death-gripping his leg. Doesn't Porter look so relaxed for a child that could possibly fall into the river at any given moment? ;)



Love that Porter loves his daddy so much. It makes my heart skip (several) beats.


See. Beautiful, and only a little spooky.


100% adorable here. Not even a little spooky.

3 comments:

  1. Seriously gorgeous. I'm jealous of your fall day! And did you already have all those friends before or did becoming moms bring you together??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were all friends from church! But Maggie is my sister in law, and Jen and I had babies within a few months of each other. ;)

      Delete
  2. What beautiful pictures! The lighting is just amazing. It looks like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be visible upon confirmation that you're a real human being. :)

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger