SOCIAL

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram Feed Email

Wait. Cheese from cashews?

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I'm attempting to eat clean, clean, clean. That includes no dairy. No meat. No sugar. Whole foods only, for at least 21 days... and maybe longer, especially if I can find recipes that I love. Because, I just have to be honest... this girl loves her cheese. I can't live in a world that doesn't include sharp cheddar or the stinkiest blue.

And pasta, while we're talking about things I can't live without. And bread. And chocolate cake. Basically, if I'm going to eat healthy, I need to find ways to satisfy my cravings and not feel like I'm eating healthy. If you can trick me into eating pudding made entirely of avocado, I won't be mad.

I found a lasagna recipe on Oh She Glows, that - so far - smells amazing. I'm waiting for it to cool before cutting into it, but it basically captured me at Basil Cashew Cheese. Cheese... made entirely from cashews.


I like cashews. I can do this.

The lasagna also includes some of my favorite veggies: mushrooms, zucchini, peppers. And it seemed relatively easy from reading the steps, so I tackled it last night for dinner.


Took less than an hour, and I have to say... this could be a staple. It was hearty and flavorful... and cheesy. Three requirements of mine, for pretty much anything that I place on heavy rotation.

I may have had three servings.

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting. I'll have to look into this! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you MAKE that cheese in the picture?! Or was a bagged one? Oh She Glows has some awesome healthy stuff. Her butternut squash mac and cheese is one of my favs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's Daiya cheese! It's dairy, soy, casein, EVERYTHING-free. A little weird, but good. Totally satisfied my craving for something rich and cheesy on top of my lasagna! I'll have to try the Butternut Squash mac and cheese. That sounds amazing!

      Delete
  3. Crazy!! Dairy free, how could you! ;) but seriously, I'm pretty amazed!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be visible upon confirmation that you're a real human being. :)

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger