SOCIAL

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram Feed Email

The One Where Taylor Swift Emailed Me

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I used to work at a real estate office, and back in those days - before Spotify or Pandora - MSN Radio was awesome. So was Myspace. I often picked the "Today's Country" station to jam out to while I processed Purchase & Sales and New Construction listings, and it's here where I can tell you that I absolutely discovered Taylor Swift.

Fine. So I didn't discover her, per say. But close. I was, like, one of the first people to listen to her song on MSN radio. Even before it came out on the actual radio.

When I heard her single, Tim McGraw, I was hooked. There was no picture of Taylor on the MSN feed, just her adorable voice and stupid catchy lyrics. I Googled her relentlessly, not much to be found - except for a lonely looking Myspace page.

I sent her a message.

"Hey! Heard you on MSN Radio! Love your Tim McGraw song! Do you have any more music?"

She wrote me back. IT WAS BEFORE SHE WAS FAMOUS GUYS, DON'T RAIN ON MY PARADE WITH ALL YOUR "IT WAS AN AUTOMATED RESPONSE" CRAP. IT'S REAL.


Ok, so maybe it was an automated response.

I remember I didn't care too much when I got the message back; I absentmindedly skimmed over it and left it in my inbox for months. Then she became famous and six years later I went crazy digging through old Myspace archives to find our email exchange.

Now I'm all "how much can I sell these screenshots for".

2 comments:

Comments will be visible upon confirmation that you're a real human being. :)

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger