SOCIAL

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram Feed Email

Marshmallow Whaaaaa?

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I've been obsessed with marshmallow lately.

Who am I kidding. Always. I have always been obsessed with marshmallow. Toasted marshmallow, to be clear. Burnt marshmallows, even... yesssss. When I was introduced to Marshmallow Fluff, I thought that life couldn't possibly get better (until friend who introduced me to the beautiful Fluff proceeded to make me a Flutter Nutter sandwich on WONDER BREAD AND OMG I CAN'T EVEN KEEP FOCUSED RIGHT NOW BECAUSE IT'S JUST DREAMY AND IF YOU HAVEN'T HAD IT YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON SO MUCH.

Anyway. That being said, raw (haha) marshmallows are gross. I'm not really a fan. I'll eat one of two out of respect for the 'mallow, because, that's just what good foodies do. The only way I can truly enjoy a raw marshmallow is if I work it into a melty, gooey ball of sugary goodness with my hands, like I learned how to do in sixth grade.

So, yeah. This picture? Makes me giddy.
http://www.cheekykitchen.com/
Oh my Lord. I love marshmallows!? I think this is the first time I've said this out loud.

My favorite fro-yo spot had Toasted Marshmallow flavored yogurt last week, and I almost drove to Paul's work to pick him up so we could go at 2pm. I tried for years to make a delicious coffee drink from the Toasted Marshmallow syrup that all the local coffee stands carry. I will always, always, always buy anything that is scented or flavored like marshmallows.

Anyway, that's not really the point of this post.

My POINT is, my favorite food blogger and I are so in tune, it's not even funny.

Jessica, from How Sweet Eats, is my favorite. She cracks me up, and makes me lust after food that I shouldn't be lusting after. She doesn't know it yet, but I want to bring her into my inner circle of BFFs and people that feed me. She'll feel honored, I know it.

She posted a "teaser" on Instagram the other day for a marshmallow cheesecake that will be up on her blog very soon, and two things happened. 

First, my heart stopped. And second, I immediately subscribed to get her blog notifications via email. I had been holding out on this step in our relationship, because OMG who gets food notifications in their email? 

I do. 

I get food notifications in my email.

I had to. Because if I don't get immediate notification of this recipe, then what am I doing with my life?




1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious. I cant believe you get food posts sent to your email.








    (you are totally going to invite me over for marshmallow cheesecake, right?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be visible upon confirmation that you're a real human being. :)

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger