SOCIAL

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram Feed Email

Scenes From The Weekend

Monday, July 29, 2013


It was another beautiful summer weekend in Washington. Sunday was particularly amazing. After church, we ran home and dropped Porter off with family (afternoon naps are a must) and we headed out for the final service of the weekend. We made a quick stop for lunch at our favorite happy hour spot, Masa, on 6th Ave. They have the best chips and salsa, the best "street corn", and the best fish tacos... all doused with a healthy amount of our favorite hot sauce(s).

Are you a Tapatio or a Cholula freak?



I had some time to sneak a picture of my darling hubby as we waited for our food. I'm seriously so lucky. He has the most amazing heart, and he leads our family well. I had much more to say about him (I was feeling really sappy on this sunny Sunday, apparently!), but you can check out my Instagram post, if you're feeling especially romantic and cheesy and would like to "awww" over us. Go ahead, I know you want to.


I dropped Paul off at Stadium High School when we were done eating. Stadium is where we hold our newest service of the weekend. If you're unfamiliar with Stadium High, here's just a peak, via my iPhone. And yep, we get to do church here:

If this looks familiar, it's probably because this is the high school where they filmed 10 Things I Hate About You. Pictures don't do it justice, it's breathtaking.

While Paul went to soundcheck, I slipped around the corner and got my nails done. This may not seem exciting, but it's been MONTHS. I was aching for a manicure, and just some quiet me time. I even went for the Shellac, with the hope that I would be able to keep the manicure looking good through Conference next week - and VEGAS the week after that.

Anyway, the 30 minute manicure went way too fast, but I'm so thrilled with the result. It's been 4 days, and not a chip. And, I love the summery white. I'm a black-manicure kinda girl, but since we only have a few more weeks of summer, I figured I'd celebrate properly. And seriously, I cannot cannot paint my own nails ANY shade of white, ever. It looks like I took white out to my hands. So... I went with white, and left it to the professionals. LOVE. No black until after Labor Day, kids.

That's the saying, right?

Shellac #43 - Flawless White

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be visible upon confirmation that you're a real human being. :)

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger