SOCIAL

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram Feed Email

Every Day In May: Day 4

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Today, we're talking about Favorite Quotes. I'm horrible at having "favorite things". Everything is my favorite.

So, I cheated. I went online to Good Reads, and I found quotes from some The Shack. I have a love/hate relationship with The Shack. I won't go into detail in this post as to why I have a love/hate relationship with The Shack, because I know some people that are still reading the book, and I already accidentally ruined it for one friend, but I will say... I was tremendously torn when I finished the book.

I was haunted, and moved. I was angry and emotional. I can go into why, later.

I thought the book was really beautifully written. Here are some of my favorite quotes from within those chapters (courtesy of Good Reads).
“Don't ever discount the wonder of your tears. They can be healing waters and a stream of joy. Sometimes, they are the best words the heart can speak.”

“I suppose that since most of our hurts come through relationships, so will our healing. And I know that grace rarely makes sense for those looking in from the outside.”

“All I want from you is to trust Me with what little you can, and grow in loving people around you with the same love I share with you. It's not your job to change them, or to convince them. You are free to love without an agenda.”

“Sometimes honesty can be incredibly messy."

“Life takes a bit of time and a lot of relationship.”

“So many believe that it is love that grows, but it is the knowing that grows and love simply expands to contain it.”

(When Jesus is asked if all roads lead to Him): "Not at all. Most roads don't lead anywhere. What it does mean is that I will travel any road to find you.”

“Relationships are never about power, and one way to avoid the will to power is to choose to limit oneself: to serve.”

“You don't play a game or color a picture with a child to show your superiority. Rather, you choose to limit yourself so as to facilitate and honor that relationship."

“Paradigms power perceptions, perceptions power emotions.”

“Don't forget that in the midst of all your pain and heartache, you are surrounded by beauty, the wonder of creation, art, your music and culture, the sounds of laughter and love, of whispered hopes and celebrations, of new life and transformation, of reconciliation and forgiveness.”

And lastly (this one is especially scripturally sound and BLEW MY MIND to read it in this way):

“Evil is a word we use to describe the absence of Good, just as we use the word darkness to describe the absence of Light or death to describe the absence of Life. Both evil and darkness can only be understood in relation to Light and Good; they do not have any actual existence. I am Light and I am Good. I am Love, and there is no darkness in me. Light and Good actually exist. So, removing yourself from me will plunge you into darkness. Declaring independence will result in evil because apart from me, you can only draw upon yourself. That is death because you have separated yourself from me: Life.”
 
I love all of these quotes because I love things that make me think. Ponder may actually be a better word; I sat in my bed long after I'd closed the book, and just PONDERED life and my relationship with God and those I love. And I adore anything and everything would evoke that sort of emotion.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Corianne.
    I read The Shack when it was a new release; my MIL gave it to me. It was heavy for me at first, but I was so glad I stuck it out to the end. It gave me great peace. The images that the writing gave me to hang onto and embellish upon in my imagination have been huge comforts as I faced... well... death, a couple times since then.
    I see how it's a controversial book, even with my own self at times, but I'm so glad he wrote it. Thank you for reminding me, I loved reading these quotes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVED these....It's been years since I read The Shack and I am itching to read it again now!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be visible upon confirmation that you're a real human being. :)

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger