SOCIAL

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram Feed Email

Every Day In May: Day 7

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I used to be able to answer today's blog topic with a resounding and emphatic: "CHILDBIRTH."

If you're guessing today's topic to be: "what in life are you most looking forward to?" you'd be dead wrong. Nope, in fact: completely the opposite. Childbirth was my single-most greatest fear. In fact, when I found out I was pregnant last April, I cried... and it took a few days before they became tears of joy.

Ok, weeks.

But anyway, I cried because I was terribly afraid I wouldn't be able to do it. It seemed impossible.
But, it wasn't. And, ironically enough, it's now what I consider to be my greatest accomplishment.

So, today I'm supposed to talk about what I'm most afraid of.

I don't like to give my fears a face, so I'm not going to.

I will say this: I spend a lot of extra time talking to God about my health, the health of my precious son and husband, and the health of my family and friends. I spend a lot of time thanking God for complete and total wholeness in me and in all of those I love, and for the long life I've yet to experience. I thank God that my days on this earth will be long and full of blessing, and that I will grow old with my husband and children by my side. I thank Him for not giving me a spirit of fear, but of power. And of love. And of a sound mind.

I am at my very best when I believe every single promise of God, even if there are days when I struggle to do so. Some days, I Google things I shouldn't, or I worry about what I would do if _______ (fill in the blank here). I worry. I worry too much, when there's no reason to.

I am healthy. My husband is healthy. My baby boy is healthy. My parents are healthy, my friends are healthy, my family is healthy and happy. 

The funny thing about God's promises: the more you repeat them, the more you believe them. And the more you believe them, the healthier you become - spiritually, emotionally, and even physically. Which, is my greatest goal in life.


3 comments:

  1. I like your perspective on fear...not giving power to it by refusing to give it a face. That is great! I don't necessarily have a fear of childbirth but moreso the before-and-after effects of it such as weight gain, stretch marks, etc. and I know that the effects are different from person to person. I know a woman with like 3-4 children and she looks like she doesn't even have one.

    She's so tall and lean and firm, you'd never guess in a million years that she has children. But, I also know that her experience is the exception, not the rule...so I guess my fear is Pregnancy and the gamble that comes with it....it's like playing roulette...you don't know what's going to come back no matter whether you bet on black or on red.

    ~Nicole
    www.madlabpost.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Pregnancy is so scary, especially if you're a planner. It's unexpected, it's hardly by the books... and that is so, so hard. However, now that I'm on the other side, I can vouch for the reward. It's pretty dang sweet.

      Delete
  2. Love your thoughts on this. And I can definitely relate about being terrified about childbirth - I'm not even pregnant yet and I'm already freaking out, haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be visible upon confirmation that you're a real human being. :)

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger