SOCIAL

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram Feed Email

Four TV Shows That Must Be In Your Fall Lineup

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

FALL is here/coming (technically, blah blah blah) and that means the return of my favorite TV shows.

It might be pathetic to do a post about this, but I don't even care. I am so excited for these returns (one of which is waiting for me on my DVR, and I have to wait until hubby and I are both home and available to watch... which probably won't be until late tonight. Ermegherd.)

1.  SCANDAL

I am probably the most excited for this one. I love this show. LOVE. I am strangely obsessed with TV shows about politics in general, but I could care less about it in real life. Ok, I realize that makes me sound totally un-American, but I'm just far from what one may call "a political junkie".

Unless you're talking about the most gorgeous woman in the world as a high-powered crisis manager for the White House, because then I'm all about that ish.

This photo of Olivia Pope, above, still gives me the chills. One of the only times in the world I've ever gasped out loud, in genuine shock at a TV show, was during this episode. All my fellow Gladiators will agree.

2. WHITE COLLAR

This show is brilliant, you guys. It's so fulfilling... it's good, clean, former fugitive-working-for-the-FBI fun. Paul and I started watching on Netflix when I was pregnant, and totally got hooked. It's been on "summer break" for a freaking long time, though. Ridiculous. October 17th can't come soon enough.

PS: Just in case you're living under a rock, Matt Bomer is gay, which broke my heart a little bit. It's ok, my husband knows I have a huge crush on him and doesn't mind. It's how he feels about Kate Hudson. Or Janet Jackson (circa 1994) or Shania Twain (I don't know, but yeah). He probably especially doesn't care because Matt Bomer would be more interested in him than in me. But whatever. He's a pretty person to look at, regardless.)

Also, yes, that's Tiffani Amber Thiessen... maybe she just goes by Tiffani Theissen now? Either way... she plays Detective Peter Burke's wife Elle, and she's awesome.

3. THE WALKING DEAD

...yep, just like everyone else and their grandmother. Although, I'm not sure why I still watch, considering I spend more time yelping in fear and covering my eyes/playing Candy Crush so I don't have to see the gore.

This show, though. It's addicting. When Porter was a baby and he got hungry and started snarling, we announced that he was going "Walker Status".

4. NEW GIRL

There is nothing I don't love about this show. Nothing. The end.

If you don't have these shows on your watch list, you're not going it right. I know for a fact you can start White Collar or Scandal on Netflix, so get to vegging! Let me know what you think. :)

2 comments:

  1. My dreams were kind of dashed when I found out the news about Matt Bomer, too.

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's Matt Bomer? ;) Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be visible upon confirmation that you're a real human being. :)

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger