SOCIAL

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Instagram Feed Email

What is relaxation?

Friday, September 13, 2013

What does relaxation look like to you?

Image Source: We Heart It

...if I'm being honest.

Everyone's all "oh, green juice!" and "Raw, raw, raw!" and I'm all over here like... can I get a bubble bath in the dark with some McDonald's?

Oh, fine. If I'm being totally honest, I can't recall the last time I had McDonald's. But my inner child begs me to stop every time I drive by... then I remember the "coppery" taste of the hamburger meat, and I shudder and keep my mouth closed.

Anyway, that wasn't the point of this post.

Now that I'm a mother, I find myself embracing every spare moment I can find "to myself". A trip to the bathroom is a vacation... I can't believe I'm saying that. I used to laugh at moms who said, that and now I'm totally that a mom.

An evening bubble bath, nowadays? Forget it. Heavenly!

So. What does relaxation look like to you?

4 comments:

  1. hahhah this is the most awesome post ever!!!

    http://the2qualleys.blogspot.com

    XOXO Bunnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I am with you.... a trip to the bathroom without Zane yelling "mom....mom....MOM!!!!!!!!" is really relaxing. I cant tell you how many times I have said "I will never be that mom". And now I am.

    At least we have cute kids.

    So relaxation to me would be a few hours of totally uninterrupted time to sit in a coffee shop, while it rains outside, and I have that perfect seat where I can see everything going on outside. I would just sit, sip on a perfectly crafted latte and work on WHATEVER I wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This. Sounds. Amazing. How can we make this happen? Lol.

      Delete

Comments will be visible upon confirmation that you're a real human being. :)

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger